To achieve recognition in the field of Mechanical Engineering by developing learned technocrats who excel through research, entrepreneurship and innovation for sustainable development.
- To impart quality education and skill enhancement to the students so as to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To maintain state of the art research facilities so as to provide conducive environment that stimulates faculty, staff and students with opportunities to learn, create, analyze, apply, excel and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop linkages with world class R&D organizations and educational institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- To facilitate the faculty and staff for their professional enrichment.
- To promote the research activities through sponsored research projects.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial and innovative skills in the students.
After completion of B.E. in Mechanical Engineering the graduates will be able to:
- Use the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and mechanical engineering fundamentals to solve problems related to engineering.
- Design & conduct experiments, interpret & analyze data and to arrive at meaningful conclusions in the form of report results.
- Conceptualize and design a component, a mechanical system or processes that meet the desired specifications and requirements of the Industry while considering the cultural, society and environmental considerations.
- Work/participate as a member of the team engaged in engineering disciplines, as well as in multi-disciplinary design teams in latest technologies.
- Develop sustainable solutions so as to serve the society with professional ethics.
- Capable of self-learning and development and will be able to adapt to the changes & advancements in technology.
- Use modern engineering IT tools and equipments to solve mechanical engineering problems with an understanding of the limitations.
- Participate and succeed in competitive examinations for Post Graduate programs & Govt. services.
Program Educational Objctives
The department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2006. Initially it began as a batch for just 20 students but as the craze grew the strength of batch was raised to 60 in the year 2009. The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a richly integrated curriculum matching well enough to the traditional as well as latest developments. The Department is well equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories to train the students; the laboratories are ever on upgrade. The department receives funding from UT of Chandigarh, MHRD and Department of Science and Technology, Chandigarh for its various academic and co-curricular activities. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering are highly qualified having educational background from reputed institutions, have rich experience in teaching and research and help the students to excel in the field.