Mechanical Engineering Department
Mechanical engineering is after all more than just machines and equipment or textbooks and classrooms. The department has formed different technical and social activity clubs for the students which offer unique opportunities to integrate material learned in the classroom with a chance to develop their character and leadership skills. The students can join technical clubs, such as SAE INDIA and ISHRAE. Following are some snapshots of the activities organized by the department for the benefit of students.
- The students participated in SAE Efficycle competition, which is a national event of repute. A team of students designed and developed a vehicle for participation in the event that had very innovative concepts embedded in it.
- A vertical wind turbine designed and fabricated by the students of Mechanical Engineering was selected for International Trade Fair in 2012.
- A team of students under the aegis of SAE Club designed and fabricated an All Terrain Vehicle. The team was selected for SAE BAJA 2013 competition out of 350 teams from all over India.
- A team of students under the aegis of SAE Club designed and fabricated an energy efficient vehicle. The team was selected for SAE EFFICYCLE 2014 out of 300 teams from all over India.
- A team of SAE Club has been selected for SAE FORMULA INDIA 2015 and is working hard to design and develop a vehicle for participation in the event.
- Our students also participated in IMTEX 2105 held in Bangaluru under JAGRUTI IMTMA Youth Program organized by Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers Association.
- One day Entrepreneurship Awareness camp was organized in the department with support from NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- Prof. P. N. Rao, an eminent faculty from University of Northern Iowa delivered an expert lecture on Rapid Prototyping.