Diploma : Architectural Assistantship
A diploma course in Architectural Assistantship Course is offered since year 1987. Being located in Chandigarh "Le Carbusier's creation", the students of CCET have the added advantage of learning new concepts of Architecture.
Job Profile / Activities
The following are important activities of diploma holder in Architecture.
- Preparation of drawings.
- Preparation of small building designs, master plans and layouts.
- Site management i.e. measuring, surveying & inspection.
- Preparation of models.
- Preparation of tender documents and cost estimates including valuation.
- Preparation of submission documents for approval.
Employment Opportunities for Diploma Holders in Architecture
The diploma holders in Architecture find employment in Service Sector as Architectural Assistant/ Draftsman/ Junior Architectural Draftsman/ Junior Planning Assistant in the following organization.
- The private enterprises consisting of firms of Architects and Engineers.
- Govt. Departments namely:
- State Department of Architecture
- State Department of Town & Country Planning
- Central Public Works Departments
- State Housing Board & Corporations
- State Urban Development Agency
- Military Engineering Services.
Infrastructure of the Department
The students are imparted practical training in various labs. & Workshops namely Survey Lab, CAD Lab, etc. which are well equipped with the latest instruments. The students have the opportunity to learn the new things related to their field and can be the asset for their professional life. One Material and Building museum is under the process of developing stage which will provide the latest information about the coming new material relating to building and construction work.
- Principal's Message
- External Links
- Public Appointments
- Legal Information
- Citizen's/Client Charter